If I was forced to choose one grocery store to shop at, I would have to choose Cash Wise foods. On the downside, it is pretty far from my house, I have to bag my own groceries, the produce section is more limited than I care for, and I think they sell the highest priced milk in town. However, the savings I get at Cash Wise outweigh the less than fun shopping experience.
Here are some of the benefits that Cash Wise offers:
- Free item of the week. Every week Cash Wise offers a free item with a minimum $30 purchase. What is my favorite price point? Yes, free. This week's free item is a bag of Food Club Tortilla Chips. we go through a lot of tortilla chips in our house. They'll be gone before dark. Good thing they were free. Plus, if you have a good cashier, she'll remind you to grab your free item. Not a fan of the free item? Get it anyway and donate it to the food pantry cart on your way out the door.
- Cash Wise Delivers. Grocery delivery sounds frivolous, until you are hugely pregnant, or everyone in the house is sick, or you don't feel like dragging a bunch of kids to the store. For a small fee, $6 in the city of Bismarck, you can order your groceries online and a nice person will show up at your house and bring the groceries into the house for you!!! Considering that generally you have to bag your own groceries at Cash Wise, this is a great deal. You are also able to use coupons on your online order, with the added benefit of not forgetting to use them. The downside is that it still takes a while to order, the system is not foolproof, and I prefer to select my own produce and meat. An added bonus is that once you order online, you will get a weekly email letting you know which of the items you buy is on sale!
- Low Prices and Store Coupons Cash Wise consistently has the lowest prices in town on most items. As I mentioned earlier, it appears that milk products are priced higher than other stores (Dan's and Sam's Club seem to carry the cheapest dairy products). I do plan on keeping very close pricing records in the next few months so that I can report to you which stores really have the lowest prices. The other benefit that Cash Wise offers is a wide variety of store coupons. You can print them out at home or you can pick up an ad and a coupon sheet inside the front door. . .right next to the free coffee! Today I used a store coupon for $3 off of the purchase of 4 select Nabisco products. I chose the large (14 oz) boxes of Triscuits that were on sale for 4 for $12. The in store coupon brought my price down to $2 a box. I only wish I had a manufacturer coupon as well! (I eat a lot of Triscuits, so I rarely have manufacturer coupons saved. . .I buy them as I get them!)
- Wide Variety: Cash Wise really is one of the biggest grocery stores in town. They carry a wide variety of foods and have the largest Natural Foods department of all of their competitors. They also staff the natural foods department with an employee to answer your questions.
- Fresh Pineapple: $1.96 each
- Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite 12 packs 3/$10 (with store coupon)
- Hormel Little Sizzlers 10/$10
- $1.98 Minute Maid Premium Orange Juice
- Buy One Get One Free Kemp's Ice cream
- 10/$10 Yoplait Greek yogurt (there are lots of coupons available for Yoplait products)
- 4/$4.44 Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad(combine with coupon)
- 2/$4.88 selected General Mill Cereals (combine with coupon)
- 2/$7 "All" liquid Detergent (50 oz)
- Buy One Get One Free Nature Made Vitamins (with in store coupon)
- $1.86 2lb Bag Full Circle Organic Carrots
- Buy One get One Free Kraft Salad Dressing (with in store coupon) --I buy most of my salad dressing for the year during the summer months, the sales and coupons are great. When I run out, I wait for a sale, or, better yet, make my own! I like that Kraft salad dressings are not laden with chemicals (especially the full fat versions).
Chime in! Have you gotten any good deals yet this week? Are you a Cash Wise shopper? Why or why not? You Know I'd love to hear from you!